Please check this page regularly as we work to stay in step with the requirements from the Province and Public Health.
In Person Classes at Space to Unwind: AS OF September 2nd – We are reopening to in person studio classes with restrictions on availability. Decisions regarding in person classes will be made on a monthly basis and as per changing provincial regulations.
- Beginning in September 2021 can host 3 students in person, at our cozy studio. This respects a mat distancing of 3 meters for everyone.
- The space, props, entrance way, washroom and any common spaces will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after every class.
- Hand sanitizer will be available but please feel free to bring your own as well.
In the event that the Province imposes a tightening of restrictions, classes will switch to Livestream only for the reminder of the pre-registered session.
Props for In person: You are welcome to bring your own blankets/bolsters/blocks/eye pillows.
Alternatively, since these are 4 week sessions you are welcome to select the props you wish to use from the studio supplies. They have been cleaned and sanitized. We will set them aside with your name for your exclusive use weekly until the series is completed.
For those registered for in person sessions you’ll receive an email with information regarding this before your session
Live Stream Classes:
The Live Stream option is via Zoom, and playlists are provided on Spotify and YouTube, but you are welcome to use your own music of choice so you can tailor the experience as you would like. Video reply will be made available within 48 hours after class until the end of each month.
Live Stream Weekly Drop-in is $13/class.
Registration deadlines for livestream drop in classes is note on the class offerings page.
Use of Yoga Props:
Props are absolutely necessary for Restorative sessions and recommended for Yin. These practices are about ease, release & supporting your body.
Props for Live Stream: If you don’t have access to props at home, you can collect items in your house that will allow you to practice comfortably just like you were in the studio.
Prop ideas & Suggestions: (Youtube Video tutorial)
- Instead of a bolster you can gather 2-3 pillows that can be stacked or laid side by side to support you, also a rolled thick blanket or comforter can work well.
- Instead of yoga blocks you can use books or very dense throw pillows (for Yin & Unwind)
- Cozy blankets are always a wonderful addition to your practice for under the head, to sit on and to keep you warm in Unwind and in savasana.
If you are local, we can arrange a loan program (supplies are limited). Or you can purchase your own set of yoga props.
If you have additional questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Please take good care.